Sandman™ offers 100% interchangebale with MCM XL 12x14x22 centrifugal pumps, the pump includes a heavy duty shaft that is designed for minimum deflection.
MCM XL Pump are ideally suited for pumping high volumes of heavy slurries that are abrasive, corrosive, and difficult to pump. The compact overall dimensions make it an excellent choice for high volume mobile and stationary applications where a small footprint is critical. High chrome alloy or hard iron material options for different applications.
XL Centrifugal Pumps Main Parts:
• Heavy Duty Pedestal – heavy duty frames are manufactured from cast iron for high strength and durability to withstand high piping loads.
• Casing – The MCM XL frac pump has been beefed up in critical wear areas for extra life. The concentric housing eliminates vibration, turbulence, cavitation, and reduces bearing load and shaft deflection.
• Impeller (Open Vane Design) – MCM XL pump open vane impeller design is engineered to reduce turbulence, eliminate recirculation, lower radial and thrust loads, and provide a smooth flow of fluid through the pump.
• Wear Plates – The MCM XL pump casing comes with replaceable wear plates. This feature reduces the maintenance costs of housing replacement by merely replacing the wear plates.
• Shearing Ring- MCM XL pump offers a shearing ring option to convert a regular centrifugal pump to a shearing pump for special mud applications.
• Mechanical Seals – MCM XL pump takes pride in carrying one of the finest mechanical seals on the market, whether it be Tungsten-Tungsten, Tungsten-Silicone, or Silicone-Carbide. They come with a highly polished sealing faced and with piton bellows and stainless steel springs.
• Pump Bearings – MCM XL pump uses nothing but the best and the finest bearings in its pumps. The outboard bearing assembly consists of a pair of angular contact bearings with high thrust load ratings and zero end play. The heavy duty inboard bearing is a double row ball bearing with high radial load ratings to compensate for the larger size impellers and heavy duty applications.
• Labyrinth Seals (optional) – MCM XL pump installs labyrinth seals by customer request in all its pumps to isolate the bearings from harmful contaminants while keeping bearings lubricated.
XL Centrifugal Pump Applications:
• Heavy Drilling Mud
• Sand Slurry
• Waste Slurry
• Food processing